State Electric Company (STELCO) has started using one the newly installed generators.
Company official on Monday stated that one of the two newly installed
generators have been connected to the main power generation system after
completing its reliability testing.
“Now we don’t have to cut power after its installation. The second generator will also be put through the reliability test soon. We are attending to the technical issues before putting it through the test,” he said.
The delay in the installation of the two 8.9 Megawatt generators in the forth power project by STELCO has been causing blackouts in Male within the last few months. Many complaints have been lodged by different individuals as it had been causing a lot of difficulties to the public.
Chairman of STELCO, Ahmed Shareef recently said that the electricity problem in Male will soon be resolved and that there would be no need for power cuts. He assured that the power problems would be resolved before Ramadan commences.